Sunday, May 17, 2009

Branding/Web/Social Networking : Okoa Jewelry : Non-Profit

Recently, I have been volunteering my time for a local non-profit called Trade Justice Mission. The organization provides meaningful employment to vulnerable women in developing countries. Trade Justice Mission started Okoa, a line of fair trade jewelry, to help these women.

Trade Justice Mission will form cooperatives of women that produce hand-crafted jewelry. Okoa will then market their products and return 100% of the profits to the women.

My work with them has included: design of an e-commerce website, content direction and strategy development for their web presence.

Below are some content suggestions:
• Sell the idea that the consumer is making a difference for these women. For instance, you could use headlines or subheads like these: Jewelry done right, Ethical ear rings, Changing outfits changing lives, You can make a difference or Fashion that feels good
• The jewelry collection names could reflect the country, region, city or culture of where its from. This will help the customer realize the actual impact they are making by connecting the product with the people.
• When ever you describe the jewelry we should remind the audience that its fair trade.

Okoa's Website:
Below are some pages that are still in progress. I want Okoa's mission to come across quickly, so at the top I created a slide show series of three images that display women the organization supports. Jewelry will also be emphasized in the blue box on the front page. It will allow consumers to sift through featured products.

The site will be programmed in Cushy CMS, a content management system, and Shopify, a hosted e-commerce site, that will allow this non-profit to edit most of the content on their site when finished.





Okoa's Social Networks:
I have encouraged them to bring on a social networking intern who will:
• Use Twitter to promote products, events and create awareness for social justice.
• Use Facebook to create awareness for Okoa, fair trade and social justice. Video posts of the women they support will be used to connect their audience with their cause. It allow them to see how their purchase will effect these women. Using Facebook will also allow them to build a community around their cause, promote products and cross promote their Twitter account or blog.

Twitter


Facebook

0 comments:

About Me

About Me

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Reasons to Hire Me

    Three reasons you should consider me for a job:

    1. Problem Solver
    What I love most about the design process is solving problems: figuring out who a client "really" is, and not just who they say they are. I get excited about finding creative solutions to challenging problems; I appreciate good ideas regardless of application. These are several reasons why I love what I do.


    2. Experience
    I have ten years' experience working at an agency, designing everything from branding materials to advertising campaigns to websites to logos and annual reports.


    3. Attitude
    Or should I say the lack thereof,
    I enjoy working in collaborative
    creative teams. In my previous
    agency experience, I've learned
    that original ideas are purely
    starting points. Working together
    to evolve an idea makes it stronger.

    My Resume